Hello sweet Maja fans Lenet here and today I bring you this Layout with lots of hydrangea.
I really love hydrangea, I have a big pink one in my backyard and planted a white one as well, hope it will grow very big too.
In my frontyard I have a white one with big balls of tiny white flowers.
I own a lot of hydrangea flowers from prima marketing and wanted to really start using them so I decided to make this lay out filled with hydrangea.
I also wanted to use some real nature thing in it so I went out to my garden and gathered some old little branches and plants that i had put aside for the birds to use building their nests, sorry birdies but I will refill soon. It’s fun to use natural things like this on your layout so I might go use it more often.
I made some tears on the edges of the toplayer, distressed them so you can see the paper underneath and made stitches by hand on each side of it.
I also tucked some pink dried baby’s breath between the flowers, I love this delicate little flower .
I always keep and dry them when I get those in a bouquet
For this layout I used the vintage summer basics collection.
Thank you for visiting ,I hope you like my layout this time and I hope I gave you some inspiration.
Make shure to come back to take a look at the work the other Maja Girls made for you.
Hi everyone! I hope you liked the Mood Board yesterday. And that you will join! Today I have this card for you. I hope you like it.
I have used the lovely papers from the Vintage Summer Basics.
The image is coloured with Distress Ink, re-inkers and Markers. I have stamped with Memento – Rich Cocoa.
I have used Monochrome papers for the fence and the dragonfly. They are dies from Magnolia. The paper edges are sewed and I have added white gesso here and there.
A beautiful english rose from Wild Orchid Crafts. Fits perfect to the vintage papers.
Thank you so much for visiting the Maja Design blog!
Hello Maja fans,
Kavitha here today.I have a very cool blue card to show you using papers from “Vintage summer basics”,totally loved this shade of blue which look great combined with white.I used lots of laces to go with the soft look,some die cuts cut with the same pattern papers used for the base.For the focal point i used a chipboard design and a butterfly,i use butterflies always as fillers,but i guess it looks cool even as focal point.
Maja papers used: 1904 , 1904 bs , 1916 , 1916 bs
Thank you for stopping by.
Hello Maja fans Lenet here and to day I bring you this altered frame I bought at the local dollar store.
It was a simple grey 3D that I wanted to give a weathered look like it has been laying at the beach for a while because I wanted to use these pics. of my friend and her kids that were taken at the beach.
So I distressed the frame by sanding it and than dry brushed it with Finnabair art basics Plaster paste and made some little termite holes in it.
I made the little pegs that hold the pictures grey with chalkgrey Ayeeda mist from 13@rts and dry brushed them also with the plaster paste
For the back ground I used Vintage Summer Basics1936 as the sky and cut the fence from Vintage Summer Basics 1905
The create the sand I used Finnabair artstones mixed with artbasic 3D Matte Gel Transparent and pushed some litte shells in it.
A little seastar and some fishingnets in the corners to finished it off.
Thank you for watching and hope to see you back
Today, I’m up on Maja Design blog for the last time. After 4 years, it’s time for me to say goodbye and it’s never easy, but don’t worry, you will continue to see me on the web. I want to thank Marie again for having me for such a long time, her kindness, and for her generosity.
And for my last project, I made a layout featuring the Vintage Basics collections: I used the Summer and Spring collections. I work with another of my family treasure: on the photo, taken by my maternal grandfather, you can see his mother with his brother.
First I stamped randomly with a dark brown ink and different stamps. When done, I primed the background with clear gesso.
I mixed together a brown magical with white crackle paste to add a design with a stencil. To give the effect of a peeling design I used my palette knife to remove some part of the design. I let dry naturally to allow the crackle to appear.
In the meantime, I soaked some flower chipboards in order to give them more dimension and texture. I gently pulled apart the edges to add more texture. After drying, I primed them with white gesso and I used blue and brown inks to add some colors.
I just added some gold shimmer to the white flowers and some brown ink to the leaves. I colored also some leaves chipboards with the brown ink as well as a mix of different sizes of Art Stones.
When the crackle paste was dry, I added some colors with the same inks to the background. Next, I cut a few papers to add under the photo before gluing all the embellishments.
To finish the layout I add some fine glitters on top of the flowers chipboards and the Art Stones.
Maja Design papers:
1rt of March
6th of March