Today an ‘Out off the page’ project in vintage style, it’s a triptych with wintry feeling.
As I saw the wonderful new collection papers ‘Joyous winterdays’ I was inspired to create a new home decor project for christmas as little gift for a good friend.
used Maja Design papers
other used materials
modelling clay white, Snow tex (DecoArt), Silikon mould ‘Icecycle’, Distress ink ‘Walnut stain’, clear stamp ‘Crackle’, chipboards (Scrap FX), cutting dies, Resin treasure window
How I made this
- I choose background paper ‘Frost’ and cut out all three MDF pieces
- then I glued the paper with Decoupage Glue (DecoArt) on it
- I connected the three pieces and used the paper distresser tool for the edges, it gives an beautiful altered effect
- then i chose two motives from this new amazing Christmas/ Wintercollection and cut out – the sweet snowmen and little boy
- icecycles were made with white modeling clay and a mould
- to complete the background, I added Distress Ink ‘Walnut stain’ with a little bit water for some running effects, it will give you a worned altered look
- I used the ‘Blizzard’ paper, textured paper (leftovers from a wallpaper) and a craft paper for cutting dies – trees, lantern, winter leaves and snowflakes
- glued all also embellishments with a transparent adhesive medium
- create the snow effect with Snow tex (DecoArt)
some close up’s
And if you wonder why the little boy is suddenly blue now, even though he is on the original green, it was very cold in the snow 😉 … ?
yes, you can change the color of these papers later, for example with alcohol markers 🙂
Many thanks for your visit!
Enjoy your weekend!