Hello, Rachelle here with my last LO, until October. I take the summer months off, to work or play, in our garden. In about 3 weeks, I should be able to start planting, plus I will be a grandmother, first grandchild, so it is going to be another, great, busy summer…..
The Maja Design used:
I wish those memories would last
Coffee in the Arbour
Smell of Coffee-BS
Other elements used: 49 and Market Rustic Blooms:Rustic Melon and Burlap, Rustic Green-Small, Rustic Medium ,Burlap Trim, Dusty Attic Chipboard: Anchors, Mini Seagulls, Seagrass small, Seagulls, Fishnet Panel, String Frames small, Compass Rose, Treat Box words, Wordpl@y #7, ….corrugated paper, clear gesso, clear crackle, cloth covered wire, cheesecloth, sea shells, jump rings, Prills-A penny saved, Prima Mini Art Stones, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Aquamarine, LuminArt-Silks-Iridescent gold, Iridescent Copper, Teal Zircon, Shimmerz-Butter Cream, Versa Mark Ink Pad-Bark, Pebbles Metallic Chalk
Here are some close ups….
My inspiration of the paper layers, came from the boat. I used the 2 sheets of the Maja papers, distressed the edges & used the corrugated paper in the layers. I rubbed in some of the pebbles metallic chalk, to deepen the color of the smell of coffee sheet. The corrugated paper was painted with the Teal Silk, then toned down with the Shimmerz Butter Cream….
I died the cheese cloth with the Tattered Angel- Aquamarine & used it in the flower clusters. In this cluster I used the 49 and Market Rustic Blooms, DA Seagrass, seashells, cloth covered wire
I primed all of the chipboard with clear gesso, & only used the clear crackle on the seagulls. For the cooper I rubbed on & inked the edges of the chipboard, with the bark- inkpad, then painted it with the iridescent copper. For the teal, I used the Teal Silk & toned it down with the Shimmerz- butter cream. Once the crackle dried on the seagulls, I painted them with white gesso, then the iridescent gold silk….
I cut the I wish sheet in three pieces, trimmed off a bit, to see the under layer. I distressed the edges & cross stitched these pieces together….
I glued the photo onto a piece a heavy cardstock, then onto the burlap trim & corrugated paper. I framed it with the DA String frame, that I wrapped around with the cloth covered wire & jump rings.
Here are a few more close ups…
Thank you so much for taking the time to look, & I will see you in the fall….Rachelle