Jennifer Snyder with you on this frosty January day. Happy 2018!
The coldest days of winter are upon us. These cold, dreary days are tough on many people. If you are a card maker, you have the ability to reach out and brighten someone’s day.
Maja Design- “Denim & Friends” is a gorgeous collection that is perfect for the season.
Don’t let the name of the collection confuse or fool you. The paper collection is quite versatile and can be used for so many occasions throughout the year.
These are the papers I used from Denim & Friends:
“Leather” – both sides
Here is a quick tutorial explaining how I layered my tree line card.
Step 1. Die cut the following:
– 1 tree line die shape from Denim & Friends “Wood” paper
-2 tree line shapes from “Blue Jeans” paper
– 1 tree line shape cut from thin foam (fun foam or foam adhesive).
Step 2. Use the backside of a tree line die cut as a stencil and lightly ink around the stencil with blue and brown ink.
Step 3. Cut one of the tree line die shapes apart to separate some of the tree shapes for layering purposes. Ink the edges of the individual trees for accent and glue the diecut foam shapes to your individual trees.
Step 4. Start building the tree line layers on the card.
– bottom layer is the wood colored tree line shape
– middle layer is the solid tree line shape cut from “Blue Jeans” paper
– top layer will be your choice of individual trees with the foam backing for dimension
Here is one last glance at the finished card and the layering results.
May your new year be filled with health, joy and an abundance of creativity.
Maja Design- “Denim & Friends” paper collection