Hello Maja Design friends! It’s Cathy here on the blog today. You may think this card looks familiar? I had so much positive feedback on my Keep Smiling card from last month that I thought that I would share how I created it with a tutorial. I have lots of photos to help you as well as the instructions. So let’s get started!
- Create a card base using white card stock that measures 5” x 7”.
3. Cut and emboss Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance die. Apply Victorian Velvet distress ink with an applicator while the paper is still in the die.
4. Cut and emboss Vintage Summer Basics 1933 using Fleur de Elegance die 2 and Spellbinders Elegant Oval die 3 using white cards stock as shown.
5. Stamp sentiment then die cut using Spellbinders classic ovals large. Use Victorian Velvet distress ink and an applicator to ink the edges as shown. (I used JustRite Botanical Medallions and Banners stamp set).
6. Apply glue on white and Maja pages. Attach leaving an even border.
White on contrast – Maja on the top.
7. Place this section onto a metric cutting mat. Cut two pieces of 4mm ribbon that are the longer than the length of the card. Position the card so that the Maja paper lines up with zero. Place one ribbon so that the right ribbon and the left ribbon cross over as shown. Tape it to the mat. Repeat for the top of the mat.
Bottom of the card
Top of the card
Very carefully, peel the tape of the board and tape the ribbon to the back of the card. Repeat for the bottom.
12. Create a bow using your preferred method. Attach using a glue dot.
15 Add pearls and you’re done!
Thanks so much for stopping by the Maja Design blog today. Have fun creating!