Posted by Rachelle Sigurdson

16 October, 2013 - ,

Hello,here is a LO I did, using the Beautiful Vintage Autumn Basics Collection…..


I took these photos of Baby Kaylie, in my garden……..


From the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection I used: No.IV,No.III-BS,No.V,No.IX,No.IX-BS,No.X,No.X-BS,No.XVII,&some of the BS’s of the labels. The chipboard used is from Dusty Attic. Here are some closeups of detail….


I first scanned & printed the Lace Boarder, on plain paper. I then painted it with oyster LuminArte’. I used a non-permanent adhesive, & glued the scanned piece of paper, onto the BS, of the piece of Maja paper, I was working with. I then cut out the pieces & glued them onto the chipboard. My next step was to glue a thin hemp string, on to the outside edges of the hearts. I then applied a thin coat of rock candy crackle. I punched out the tiny circles, with my eyelet punch, glued them onto the boarder,then put a drop of liquid accents, on to each circle. I inked the edges of the boarder, & wove in the hemp string through the holes on the top of the boarder. I also inked the edges of the BS of one of the labels & glued it on to the boarder. I like doing this, so that I get a perfect color match….


I made the headband for Kaylie,took my photos,then used it on the LO….


I did the same treatment on the elegant flourish as I had done on the Lace Boarder. This also shows some of my distressed stitched layers,some punch work & a Tim Holtz doily die….



Close ups of the headband & lace boarder….


This is how I made the headband,I made it even before I received the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection. I got a sneak peek of the Collection,printed the sneak peek, then started on the headband,hoping my colors were right. I went through my Scrap supplies,finding feathers,crocheted lace trim & doily’s, pearls died some cheesecloth,then went to work on the headband……


I first stitched these two pieces together,leaving spaces ,so that I could weave in the pearls…


Then, I weaved in the pearls…


I used a glue gun & glued the doily’s &  the cheesecloth, onto the lace trim…


I then embellished the crocheted flower,using bling & feathers & more pearls. I stitched on a piece of ribbon, on to the ends of the headband,so that I would be able, to tie it on Kaylies head..


Here is my sneak peek & headband…


Here is another LO I did, for the Dusty Attic Blog,using the Vintage Spring Basic Collection…



From the collection I used 2nd of March_BS,9th of April,10th of March,7th of April & 2nd of April. Here are some closeups of detail……


Where I used yellow, I mixed a bit of studio yellow paint,with picket fence crackle. Then I rubbed in brown chalk to bring out the cracks & inked the edges….I also added a coat of glossy accents on the raised part of the bike. On the wheels & basket of the bike I used watered down gesso,then inked the edges. I also added some pearls…..


I did some distressed stitched layers,did some punch work & used doily’s & burlap in my layers….



Thank you so much for taking the time to look…RachelleRachelle-sign (2)

Facebook Twitter Email Plusone