From the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection, I used:No.XIII,No.XIII-BS,No.XVI,No.XX,No.XIV,No.XXI,No.XXIII,No.XXII-BS,the heritage sheet & some of the BS’s of the labels. The chipboard used is from Dusty Attic. Here are some close ups of detail….
Here is another LO I did,using the same colors, out of the collection,but the LO this time is of a little girl,that is another reason why I love this collection,it works so well with either boy ,or girl LO’s.
From the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection, I used:No.XIX,No.XIX-BS,No.XXII,No.XXI-BS,No.XXIII,No.XXIII-BS,the heritage page & some of the BS’s of the labels.
I used Dusty Attics sketch for this month. I did my usual distressed,hand stitched layers.I also used my favorite Martha Stewart punch. This summer I made some headbands & embellished some crochet hats, for the little girls that came over to visit. The lace piece with the flower,is one of the headbands, that I decided to use on my LO….
I got my inspiration from Gabi’s dream catcher,but I cannot doodle, so I worked with it, in a way I was more comfortable with. I first applied candy apple TA onto the dream catcher,using a brush. Once that dried, I did a bit of doodling. I painted picket fence crackle,onto the feathers,& while it was still wet, I drew in lines, with my paper pierce.I then inked, all the edges of the dream catcher,with a brown ink pad. The closest brown, in a ink pad, that I can find for the brown, in the Maja Collections,is Versa Mark (pine cone). My next step, was to work on the circle part,of the dream catcher.. It took time,but I am happy with how it turned out. I used a thin hemp string for this. I used mini glue dots on the back, & as I was wrapping the string around, I put a drop of liquid accents in the front. I like to use liquid accents because it dries fast,& my embellishments stay. I just about broke off,one of the dangling pieces,of the dream catcher, when I was about 3/4 away wrapping. So I stopped & applied liquid accents to the back of the DC,then when that dried I applied rock candy crackle to the front. I did this to strengthen the DC. Then I continued to wrap & embellish the dream catcher with pearls & beads…
I used picket fence crackle on both the ferns & feathers ( I did the same treatment,on these feathers,as I did on the feathers,that are on the dream catcher. Thank you so much for taking the time to look….Rachelle