From the Collection I used:1st of May,2nd of May-BS,8th of March-BS,3rd of May-BS,7th of May,8th of March-BS & a BS of a label. The chipboard used is from Dusty Attic. Here are some closeups of detail….
I used walnut stain, then a darker ink pad on the skeleton clock. On the alpha,birdhouses & the leaves, of the vine boarder, I used picket fence crackle & once that dried I rubbed in & inked the edges with pinecone versa mark. I left the stem of the vine boarder raw,but put on dabs of liquid accents, to glue on seed beads….
I did a lot of fraying of burlap,& I believe this was Prima Ivory Burlap, that I was using. I hope it was because, I through out the package,before I discovered, how much I loved it. I am going to order the ivory burlap again & hope it is the right one….
In these next 3 photo’s, you will see my main piece of frayed burlap. I cut out my paper,then glued it onto this piece of lace. I then glued the lace & paper onto the burlap (I used to pieces of burlap, the darker under the lighter, the way the threads go length wise). Once the glue dried I did my hand stitching. I then cut the burlap into the shape of the paper & the lace,leaving length.With my paper pierce, I frayed the burlap. You can now see,how much I love it, it is because of the two different colors & textures of thread….
My next step was to put some seed beads,onto the frayed burlap. I put a tiny bit of liquid accents, onto the end of the burlap & rolled it with my fingers. I then slipped on the bead & used another drop of accents, where I wanted the bead to stay….
From this collection I used: No.II,No. X-bs,No.I, No.II-bs,
I used picket fence crackle, on the vase, on the fine detail area of the vase, I used liguid pearls (platinum). I then tied a ribbon around the vase, glued some tulle on the inside,added some rosebuds,bling & pearls. The rose buds are from I am Roses. I cut the candles off the other chandelier,so I was able to use the other piece over top this chandelier. On the base I used brown Spectrum noir (EB7), I find it very close to the brown used in the Maja Collections. I the applied rock candy crackle,& once that dried I rubbed in a gray chalk. I painted the candles with LuminArt’ rose petal & when that dried I applied liquid accents. I used gold liquid pearls on the flames…..
As soon as I saw Jenny’s LO,using the Audrey Collection from Prima, I put in a order,so happy I did, I love this collection.A close up of one of the flower clusters,using the Prima Audrey Collection, I am Roses,Dusty Attic Vine boarder,ribbon,pearls & bling….
I cut out my stockings, out of card stock. I then cut out little pieces of the Maja paper, I was working with & inked the edges,then glued those pieces, onto the card stock stocking. I also glued a piece of lace onto each stocking. I then glued the stockings onto a piece of ribbon,then attached this to the fire place….
A top view of the shadow box, it shows the depth, the shadow box is 2 inches deep. It is a Graphic 45 12×12. The front of the shadow box was also 2 inches,so I cut a inch of all the sides of the front….
I glued the brick panel,onto cardstock,before I started to work with it. There is detail, on the brick panel,that I did not want to loose. I then stained the panel with walnut stain. My next step, was to cut out my pieces, for the front of the shadow box & for the fireplace. I will explain the front of the shadow box first. After I glued the brick to the front of the shadow box, I applied rock candy crackle to the brick, & once that dried I rubbed in gray chalk. I used 2 coats of Martha Stewart texture effects for the mortar.Once the mortar dried I rubbed on some platinum liquid pearls, to tone down the white…
I used a old little jewelry box,for the base of my fire place. I cut the top part off a DA door for the front. I used the DA columns for the sides of it. I did the same to the brick as I did to the front of the shadow box. I used 5 layers of corrugated paper to raise the floor. I cut out little pieces,of the left over, to make my presents that are wrapped, in the Maja papers I was working with…..
There are 5 trees in the Christmas tree package # 2,I worked with all the trees,a couple you saw on my last Mood Board Post. I used the largest one in this shadow box. I first dipped the trees in warm water,I let the chip board adsorb the water,then peeled off the top layer (there are 3 layers).
Because I had about a inch of corrugated paper on the floor, I was able to use pins or whatever, depending on the of the pieces I was going to place in the shadow box. For the tree, I used the thing you tie up turkeys with. I first glued 2 pieces of chipboard down,then the pin in the center..